Photo

Development blog & recent changes (Twitter also)

C# graphx wpf blog graph visualization

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#1 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Now also on Twitter: https://twitter.com/panthernetru

Latest source code with specified changes is available on GitHub

Version 2.3.7 WIP

DETAILED CHANGELOG:

No changes yet

Edited by Alexander Smirnov, 05 September 2016 - 03:26 PM.
This post is updated SOMETIMES

If you have any questions about software feel free to use the forums or e-mail to support@panthernet.org

For all questions related to sales please mail to sales@panthernet.org

#2 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

v1.0.1 is ready and armed! Looking for some performance tweaks using some new C# code practices i've studied ^^

If you have any questions about software feel free to use the forums or e-mail to support@panthernet.org

#3 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

After some investigations on the possibilities to port GraphX to the different platforms I've started to develop a new project branch which will be conceptually different from current GraphX architecture. 

First of all i want to break GraphX into three logicaly isolated projects:

• GraphX.Logic - separated logics and algorithmic calculations
  • GraphX.Controls - all the visual controls and associated stuff goes here
  • GraphX.Common - common classes and interfaces for all others GraphX subprojects

Most of the names will remain the same but just will change its parent class.

This will help to:

• Separate logicaly different code parts from each other making it easier to port visuals and logic modules to different platforms
  • Isolate GraphX algorithms into a separate entity able to be used independently from visuals in any external projects. Also it will allow to make and use custom Logics modules for GraphX visuals or viceversa.
  • Make GraphX architecture more modular and extension friendly.

#4 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

The process still goes very slow as i'm busy at my primary work and GoGoRam project. Recently, i've included some fixes into the repository. Feel free to download and compile latest v1 sources.

#5 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

Today i've managed to do some major breakthrough on GraphX v2. I've made separate PCL compatible GraphX.Common and basic GraphX.Logic libraries.

Also i've managed to get working basic controls for Silverlight. This is not event an alpha because too many features are broken or absent at the moment.

Currently, i've decided to make two different sets of projects: one for windows and one for PCL platforms. Windows project will be full-featured and PCL projects will have single core library with limited features implementation (PCL limitation). Hopefully, i'll be able to implement missing features separately  for each platform.

Currently PCL library lacks following features:

• Any data save/load or serializtion
  • Animation
  • Graph state save/load 
  • Possibly less algorithms implementations

#6 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

Ported all algorithms to PCL except bundling and pathfinder ER. Also i've been forced to implement my own basic classes for PCL: Point, Rect, Vector, Thickness, Size. Assuming that they might be unaccurate and needs to be checked deeply i'm not sure all algorithms are working as expected. 

Also i've ported ZoomControl with limited functionality. It also needs to be reviewed from the point of SL XAML templates implementation.

#7 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

Edge routing and Zoomcontrol are totally messed up :( Silverlight is soooo restricted compared to WPF... Hell. All the coordinates system need to be reworked.

#8 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

It's time to get to work after the long Russian holidays :) Ported all of the GraphX examples to v2 and fixed some potential issues, so now it looks completed. I'm planning to release v2 soon along with the yet unfinished Silverlight port sources as i definetly don't have time to support several GraphX versions at once and there are some new features incoming.

#9 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Maybe i'll delay the release for a while due to investigations on long-lived vertex dragging issue in ZoomBox. There are some ideas that are needed to be checked so if i'll get the expected results i'll need to rewrite GraphArea rendering code.

And this can take some time.

#10 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

The good news is that investigations brought nice results and i know what to do to eliminate vertex drag bug.

The bad news is that the work needed to be done is very annoying and math intensive. So by now i can say that following must be done:

Completed

+ Change GraphAreaBase parent to Canvas

+ Change GraphArea coordinates system work for Canvas specifics

+ Add slider to minimap window, remove state buttons as they are not supported by now

In progress

+ Merge ZoomBox minimap with ZoomControl (i'm realy sick working with ZoomBox as its implementation is too complex and takes a lot of time to make corrections )

+ Remove ZoomBox control

+ Cleanup old UseNativeObjectArrange logic as obsolete

+ Fine tune ZoomControl content fill, possibly add some other modes from ZoomBox

#11 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Completed all of the tasks that was specified earlier though there are some inconsistencies left in dynamic graph example that i'm looking into. Planning to implement some tweaks for the code and update Showcase example with some recent features. I hope i still can release the new version this week, we'll see.

#12 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

Found that image export has been broken as Canvas provide means for objects placement outside of the real component space. So... need to find a workaround for this issue. Except this small dissapointment all other stuff seems to be working.

#13 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

Finaly, v2 has been released. Sadly i have no time to finish Silverlight port to that date :(

#14 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Found some issues with the LinLog algo calculation in v2 (possibly related to coords system change).... currently investigating. Please post any issues you have.

#15 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

Fixed some issues and made some changes to the logic. In particluar i've decided to hide Children property as when you commonly add/remove edge or vertex controls there are some background work being done in corresponding methods (e.g. animation handling and automatic cleanup). If you've used this property before consider using other means and if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Sources has been updated.

#16 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Fixed an issue that caused some algorithms visualization to be displayed inproperly. That was related to overlap removal algorithm work with new coordinates system. The issue has been resolved and sources are up to date.

#17 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

Planning to release v2.0.1 soon. Currently improving some MVVM compatibility and visuals props management.

#18 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Currently there is some work is going on behind the scene. I'm testing some new features that will be announced later on.

#19 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:48 AM

Haven't updated info for a while. Updated now :) You can look for the list of the accumulated changes in the first post.

#20 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

Fixed some newly found bugs. Getting ready for version 2.0.2 release as there are many changes already has been accumulated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: C#, graphx, wpf, blog, graph, visualization

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users