Alexander Smirnov

Development blog & recent changes (Twitter also)

75 posts in this topic

GraphX 2.2.0 has finally entered into test and polishing phase! All major features has been implemented and we have so many tweaks & stuff already in so it's time for another release!

After this version is out i plan to set my hands on ShowcaseApp redesign and rebuild to make it more representative and easier to play with all of the core features. Also docs need another actualization pass and additions on recently added features. Hope that this will be helpful to someone as it is usualy boring and time consuming process :)

Cheerz!

With the lack of free time next version will be delayed a bit. Currently i work on fixing manual graph composition and operations using new and old methods. Issues arise when i'm trying to implement new mini showcase examples. There are features that i haven't used directly in any projects and it is always hard to tell if the feature works as intended when you haven't worked with it :)

Found some stuff at ZoomControl that has to be fixed. Thanks to people who asked me some questions on the topic :-)

• Had to change some property names to better reflect their designation
  • Fixed zoom out value to be equal to zoom in value. Now zoom is smoother.

Just can't stop improving stuff in GraphX, lol :D

Found EdgeLabelControl rotation & alignment behavior unsatisfying when it comes to parallel edges. Had to tweak it to not flip & mess labels if edges are parallel, also added new property to identify if edge is parallel to any other edge. Luckily with no overhead as this checks are already has been there for parallel offset and i just set the property value indicating that processed edge is parallel. 

Finally, preparing for release...

Finally, GraphX v2.2.0 is out in release on GitHub & NuGet! Get it, check it, use it! Thanks to all who proposed & helped to implement fixes for this release, i really appreciate your help! :)

I was intrigued recently if it is possible to create grouped graphs in GraphX. Spent a couple of free hours investigating and... now its seems possible :) Very limited and not yet polished, but possible. Had to work in this direction to make it work exstensively and make it user friendly as i've encountered some algorithms hierarchy limitations that are can't be solved in minutes.

Currently i've set open-source activities to feedback & bugfix mode. Have a lot of things to do and have almost no free time. Anyway the work on GraphX will not stop, just will suspend for a while. 

Still searching for passionate programmer to share the burden of open-source development with :)

Got a punch of inspiration right onto my head so i've been able to implement some nice new features for GraphX along with several behavior fixes. You can grab an updated source code from GitHub as usual. I'll update change logs soon.

Finally completed source code merge for GraphX controls to incorporate both WPF and METRO versions in the same files with minimum code and readability overhead. Made some bugfixes also, check the notes if you're interested.

Aiming to release v2.3.0 after some investigations and improvements to the code will be done.

Slowly crawling with GraphX updates. Fixing stuff, implementing some new features by requests, thinking about tutorials... i think it's fine but still isn't completely ready for the release.

GraphX version 2.3.0 has been successfully released. Little bit late but it's out :) Many changes, many improvements and fixes as always.

PS: It seems that forum is experiencing some integrity issues after virus cleanup. New topic and replies creation process may be bugged.

After an extensive work i've pushed in a new GraphX version 2.3.1 featuring some bug fixes, improvements and new printing and image export logic. Though still not yet optimal as image export throws OOM exception on large graphs while trying to create enormous bitmaps in memory. Had to find a good workaround for this.

Hello everyone! Today is a wonderful day as we are proud to announce new GraphX for .NET PRO version. You can check the details in the corresponding announce thread. No worries, open source GraphX is still there and completely free as always :)

Also we'd finally launched new web site which will help us to push GraphX product line forward.

Check all the new http://www.panthernet.org web site as we slowly move to the org domain zone.

Going to release GraphX version 2.3.5 soon, stay tuned!