Photo

Development blog & recent changes (Twitter also)

C# graphx wpf blog graph visualization

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#41 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:29 PM

Sorry for the delay! GraphX version 2.1.8 has been released on GitHub  and also on NuGet. Take a look at some new shiny features, new editor graph showcase and many bugfixes :)

If you have any questions about software feel free to use the forums or e-mail to support@panthernet.org

For all questions related to sales please mail to sales@panthernet.org

#42 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:26 PM

New doc topic is out about vertex skip processing feature. Check it out if interested: http://panthernet.ru...ation-tutorial/

If you have any questions about software feel free to use the forums or e-mail to support@panthernet.org

#43 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:14 AM

Spent almost six hours on GraphX code refactoring and VAESPS fixes. Also occasionaly fixed FR algorithm calculations. Now the namespace names are as they should be... sorry for incoming update troubles >.<

#44 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:06 PM

Working on some TASTY features for GraphX. All is done for WPF but i have some serious problems with METRO counterpart. As soon as i will deal with all bugs you will be able to:

• Use enchanced  EfiicientSugiyama algorithm with different layout styles and true orthogonal edge routing
  • Use new highly customizable and accurate edge pointers: image and path, that will completely replace standart Path arrow in following releases.
  • Use new feature: vertex connection points (VCP) that once placed in VertexControl template will allow you to bind edge end to it thus allowing static edge connections and major edge behaviour customizations.
  • GraphX WPF will now work on .NET 4.0 instead of 4.0.3 allowing easier deployment. Features that required 4.0.3 were deprecated.

Hope someone ever reads this! Have a nice day! :)

#45 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

Lock'n'load! I'm on the bug killing spree! :D Uploading promoted changes to GitHub... NOW!

Still have more fixes on my TODO list by they are somewhat unrelated to incoming changes.

#46 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:47 PM

Boss bug incoming, ready to fight! Got OutOfMemory exception on GraphX METRO while trying to zoom-in too close. This is very odd as it seems that everything else works fine.

#47 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:17 AM

Merged some nice tweaks to GraphX recently. Thanks to perturbare

PS: Wiped like 5 times on the boss bug. Still searching for extermination strategy >_>

#48 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:30 AM

Well, i've been pushed to another strategic decision to further simplify GraphX namespaces by excluding platform specific marks :) This can significantly help to reuse code across different platforms. Still not sure about XAML that references assembly name which is still intact. Maybe i'll change it to seamless name too. So if you're using GraphX from repo you might want to hold on for a while till all refactoring modification comes out.

#49 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

The process is going well. Currently i've managed to unify aprox. 50% of METRO and WPF code. WPF project is the main source container while METRO (and potentialy any other platform) uses linked source files when possible.

During the process i've also implemented many tweaks as the result of code compare between WPF and METRO controls implementation. 

Still not sure if it will make any sence to unify core controls as they are way too different in some parts.

#50 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:36 AM

Pushed in the new load of changes into GraphX repo. Almost all of them is about cross-platform refactoring featuring elimination of METRO files that has been merged with WPF ones with identical logic. The amount of code and code management efforts should be lessened greatly. Also i've implemented some performance tweaks for labels, edge pointers and VCPs which are nice & tasty. Faster = better in most of the cases!

I've following plans left up till 2.2.0 release in mind (if i only had enough time...):

• Finish up the new showcase framework to support small & easy plugin-like showcases for different GraphX features and used techniques. It will also allow you to browse XAML templates right from the showcase app and easily navigate through structured set of showcases to look for what you'd like to.
  • Polish all refactoring results to prevent more breaking changes in the future. There are a lot of them already but it's woth it!
  • Further optimize edge calculations to eleminate scenarios where edges are unnecessarily calculated.
  • I wish to add the new shiny edge routing algorithm but even i am is too sceptical about this :\
  • Anything else critical or tasty i'll see and add in my TODO list :)

PS: I've decided to roll out v2.2.0 staright ahead as it contains already too much significant changes to use just another minor increment :)

#51 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:05 PM

Released my own build of fully PCL compliant QuickGraph library on NuGet! Latest GraphX build use it to its advantage.

Get it at: https://www.nuget.or...s/QuickGraphPCL

#52 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:49 AM

GraphX 2.2.0 has finally entered into test and polishing phase! All major features has been implemented and we have so many tweaks & stuff already in so it's time for another release!

After this version is out i plan to set my hands on ShowcaseApp redesign and rebuild to make it more representative and easier to play with all of the core features. Also docs need another actualization pass and additions on recently added features. Hope that this will be helpful to someone as it is usualy boring and time consuming process :)

Cheerz!

#53 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:50 AM

With the lack of free time next version will be delayed a bit. Currently i work on fixing manual graph composition and operations using new and old methods. Issues arise when i'm trying to implement new mini showcase examples. There are features that i haven't used directly in any projects and it is always hard to tell if the feature works as intended when you haven't worked with it :)

#54 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:51 PM

Found some stuff at ZoomControl that has to be fixed. Thanks to people who asked me some questions on the topic :-)

• Had to change some property names to better reflect their designation
  • Fixed zoom out value to be equal to zoom in value. Now zoom is smoother.

#55 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:46 AM

Just can't stop improving stuff in GraphX, lol :D

Found EdgeLabelControl rotation & alignment behavior unsatisfying when it comes to parallel edges. Had to tweak it to not flip & mess labels if edges are parallel, also added new property to identify if edge is parallel to any other edge. Luckily with no overhead as this checks are already has been there for parallel offset and i just set the property value indicating that processed edge is parallel. 

Finally, preparing for release...

#56 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:20 PM

Finally, GraphX v2.2.0 is out in release on GitHub & NuGet! Get it, check it, use it! Thanks to all who proposed & helped to implement fixes for this release, i really appreciate your help! :)

#57 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:59 PM

Now focusing on documentation and tutorials upgrade on the forums to bring it up to v2.2.0 compatible...

#58 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

I was intrigued recently if it is possible to create grouped graphs in GraphX. Spent a couple of free hours investigating and... now its seems possible :) Very limited and not yet polished, but possible. Had to work in this direction to make it work exstensively and make it user friendly as i've encountered some algorithms hierarchy limitations that are can't be solved in minutes.

#59 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:26 PM

Currently i've set open-source activities to feedback & bugfix mode. Have a lot of things to do and have almost no free time. Anyway the work on GraphX will not stop, just will suspend for a while. 

Still searching for passionate programmer to share the burden of open-source development with :)

#60 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:36 PM

Got a punch of inspiration right onto my head so i've been able to implement some nice new features for GraphX along with several behavior fixes. You can grab an updated source code from GitHub as usual. I'll update change logs soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: C#, graphx, wpf, blog, graph, visualization

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users