Photo

Development blog & recent changes (Twitter also)

C# graphx wpf blog graph visualization

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#21 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

Version 2.0.2 is available at the downloads section.

If you have any questions about software feel free to use the forums or e-mail to support@panthernet.org

For all questions related to sales please mail to sales@panthernet.org

#22 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

I'm to lazy to post constant updates here so if anyone is reading this please be sure that there is some work going on in the background.  I've completely focused on the PCL version of the library which (i hope) will help GraphX to spread into different platforms more actively.  I've added VB.NET example and some minor tweaks in a past few days.

If you have any questions about software feel free to use the forums or e-mail to support@panthernet.org

#23 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

For the past time there was almost only bugfixes with the one exception: I've almost finished basic version of GraphX for Metro :)

• Riva likes this

#24 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:02 AM

My main work has blown all my plans away, so i had no time to move GraphX along. At last, now i have more time to spend on open-source project.  Stay tuned for updates.

#25 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:52 PM

Version 2.1.5 now in the sources on GitHub. The new feature some of you has been asking for is on the way :) Feel free to test it and leave feedback, thanks.

#26 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

Fixed major memory leak when contineously regenerating graph with edges on WPF. Strongly advise you to get the newest version from GitHub.

#27 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

Finally, i've decided to redesign showcase application for GraphX to make it look more appealing. So i've found cool library named ModernUI and began to work in that direction. So far the results are quite satisfying (compared to what i had before :D). Expect new showcase app to be released soon, hopefuly i'll be able to fix all the related problems quickly.

PS: Also aiming to fix quite nooby code architecture in showcase app. That is kinda stupid as it was coded in hurry and left untouched and hard to understand. Expect to see new clean and logicaly isolated code parts.

#28 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:02 PM

Well, the process takes a bit longer than expected as i've encountered some rendering problems with ModernUI and found some nasty bugs within GraphX that are fixed now.

#29 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

Found what was causing rendering troubles. These are:

• UseLayoutRounding if used globaly will cause vertex drag to became jittery and laggy.
  • TextOptions.TextFormattingMode if set to Display will cause text artifacts with zooming.

#30 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

Version 2.1.7 has been uploaded to GitHub. It contains some bugfixes, major solution cleaning and new showcase app. 

In the next few days i will try to further update showcase app with new examples and make it better suitable for presentation purposes.

Also the updated NuGet version of the library is on the way.

#31 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

NuGet version of GraphX has been successfuly updated and is now available right from the Visual Studio NuGet packages. Currently i'm trying to free some time and select new web site design. Current design is quite lame as i have to mess around with Unix and Joomla! instead of ASP.NET (hosting rules!) so it will be good choice to update the design to look modern and lightweight and... nice! Hope i can handle this task with a less blood than it can be :)

At the same time it is vital to further enchance showcase app to be more appealing and rich on features. Fingers crossed... let's go!

#32 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

While developing new showcase example i've stumbled on some weird ZoomControl beahviours in startup and data bandings. Hopefuly will fix these errors soon.

#33 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

New web-site is up and running. I haven't implemented all what i want to be there yet, but it's already looking good. Currently i'm in the process of revisiting documentation section.

#34 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

GraphX documentation updated for version 2.1.8. All except GraphArea class.

#35 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:00 PM

Encountered major real-life issues, so have no time for GraphX currently... again. Sorry :(

Up to bug fixes and help though.

#36 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:06 PM

Had some free time recently! Implemented nice new BETA feature for GraphX: edge pointer now can be set as Images for both Source and Target side. Check it on GitHub! :)

And BETA means BETA. No rotation and offset support yet, but i plan to implement them soon. Also may be it will be a good idea to add second Source property for image state when edge is Highlighted.

#37 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:31 PM

Found smth new about C# coding while working with properties! How to easily check value for null and assign it to var and then return :D

protected EdgeControl EdgeControl { get { return _edgeControl ?? (_edgeControl = GetEdgeControl(VisualParent)); } }

Usualy it involves additional If and several rows of code. Now it's better!

#38 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

Opened new section on the forums: Documents & Tutorials

There are so many features and possibilities already that i'm beginning to forget them. So, let's doc them!

#39 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:14 AM

Thanks to jorgensigvardsson, we have some nice improvements for GraphX! :) Fixes for edge labels positioning and the whole new calculations cancellation ability.

I plan to release v2.1.8 somewhere next week.

#40 Alexander Smirnov

Alexander Smirnov

Staff Member

• Administrators
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:40 PM

GraphX for METRO async mode enchancements and cancellation feature is now on GitHub! Thanks again to jorgensigvardsson! :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: C#, graphx, wpf, blog, graph, visualization

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users